Wednesday, July 22, 2015

London love

Although our Fleet Street tour guide said not to use this quote because it's a cliche, I will anyway because I have found it to be true. 

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." 

I arrived here June 25, unsure and a little intimated by this big city. I was nervous about transportation, getting lost, being homesick. 

However, it was not long until I figured out the tube, I got lost and found my way back and I learned to deal with missing home. 

In fact, I do not miss home quite as much after a month here. And I'm actually quite sad to be returning next week. 

If there is one thing I have noticed since I arrived here, it's how much there is to do. I can walk outside of my flat and I am immediately in the heart of the city and in the middle of so much business and life. 

I have fallen in love with London and will be sad to head home to south Mississippi. I'll miss the shows and the pubs and my friends that I have made along the way. But I will be happy to return to my family. 

A month here was not nearly enough for I do not believe I could ever tire of London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment